Since 2005, Jammin’colorS has managed renowned bassist-composer Reggie Washington and guided his career in the music industry. We've released two CDs under his name :
- A LOT OF LOVE, LIVE (2006)
- FREEDOM (2012)
Reggie's third CD "RAINBOW SHADOW - Tribute to Jef Lee Johnson" will be released June 1st 2015.
In 2007, we began managing the career of Philadelphia-based session guitarist Jef Lee Johnson until his sudden passing in January 2013. He was also a prolific singer-songwriter and bandleader in his own right.
PRIVATE & GROUP INSTRUCTION
The artists of Jammin’colorS are available for workshops and private lessons. The musicians discuss styles and techniques relating to their respective instruments to small or medium size groups and also perform pieces from their repertoire for students to observe and analyze. This kind of intensive educational exchange is always an interesting and rewarding experience for musicians and students alike.
Jammin’colorS has booked concerts for bands such as:
- GAIA (with Grégoire Maret, Federico Gonzalez Pena and Gene Lake)
- HARRIET TUBMAN (with Brandon Ross, Melvin Gibbs and JT Lewis)
- CHRIS JORIS & BOB STEWART BAND
- OLIVER LAKE STEEL QUARTET
- MALCOLM BRAFF TRIO
- THE POOGIE BELL BAND
- THE HEADHUNTERS
And has worked with artists such as :
- RAVI COLTRANE
- DAVID GILMORE
- SKOOTA WARNER
- E.J. STRICKLAND
- NELSON VERAS
- BABA SISSOKO
- JACQUES SCHWARZ-BART
- JOZEF DUMOULIN
- MATTHEW GARRISON
- DJ GRAZZHOPPA
- FABRICE ALLEMAN
Jammin'colorS has released 2 Cds of bassist REGGIE WASHINGTON :
- "A Lot of Love, Live" (2006)
The CD is comprised of two live concert performances
- one trio with saxophonist Ravi Coltrane and drummer Gene Lake
- a second trio with saxophonist Erwin Vann and drummer Stéphane Galland
It has received excellent reviews from Jazz Times, Bass Player, Bass Guitar, Jazz Magazine, Bassist, All About Jazz, Jazzman, So Jazz and The Music Report.
- "Freedom" (2012)
On this CD, Reggie brings on-board the guitarist Jef Lee Johnson and the drummer Gene Lake. There are also special guests such as Jozef Dumoulin, Fabrice Alleman, Rich Brown, DJ Grazzhoppa and Tiboo.
Jammin’colorS promotes all its events and current projects through direct contact with journalists, radio programmers, photographers, promoters and fans. Reviews, presskits, invitations, videos, photos and mailing lists are all essential parts of artist development.
MUSIC IN THE CITIES
The harsh reality is becoming harder each day for an artist to make a living in the music industry. Tours have been shortened, gigs cancelled, fees decreased. At the same time, venues have less subsidies while fielding more offers from artists. Jammin’ colorS proposes a solution to this dilemma with its Music In The Cities program ("under construction").
It would be a circuit going from city to city where the artist/band can perform a series of concerts for a mutually agreed upon fee. We would like to include journalists in every city and promote these tours as best as we can to bring a larger audience to these events.
The advantages of this program are many:
- The band can play together for more than a few gigs and therefore strengthen the bandstand chemistry as well as the music itself.
- The promoter can pay a reasonable fee for a band that would cost more in normal time.
- The transportation will cost less due to shorter distances between venues.
- There would be more concerts in a country and the promotion would be bigger.
What will make this project possible?
- The first step: make inquiries to the festivals, venues and clubs to see who would be interested in paying slightly less and be included in a 2-3 week tour for a band.
- The second step: find bands that would like to participate in this circuit for a lower fee at individual gigs. This would mean more work but would result in more money at the end of a 2-3 week tour.
- The third step: find journalists in each city that want to promote the event.
- The final step: present the bands to the promoters and then build a tour with those who are interested.
If you are interested in MUSIC IN THE CITIES, go to our home page, click on MUSIC IN THE CITIES and fill out the form.
Music Guide is another project under construction to help musicians, promoters and journalists alike.
Essentially a comprehensive listing of venues, festivals, journalists, artists and their management. This guide will act as a bridge between the promoter, the artist, the manager, the journalist and the music lover, focusing on Jazz, Funk and World musics.
We want to make the Music Guide as clear and concise as possible. For this, we would appreciate your help. You can go to our home page and click on MUSIC GUIDE and fill out the form.
Thank you in advance.